V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
Get your smartphone.
Get started with v-safe.
Use your smartphone to tell CDC about any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. You’ll also get reminders if you need a second vaccine dose.
V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Through v-safe, you can quickly tell CDC if you have any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. Depending on your answers, someone from CDC may call to check on you and get more information. V-safe will also remind you to get your second COVID-19 vaccine dose if you need one.
Note: V-safe cannot schedule vaccine appointments, including second doses of COVID-19 vaccines. If you need to schedule, reschedule, or cancel a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, contact the location that set up your appointment or a vaccine provider in your area. This may be your state or local health department, employer, or vaccine provider.
How to register and use v-safe
You will need your smartphone and information about the COVID-19 vaccine you received. This information can be found on the vaccination record card you received during your vaccination; if you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare provider.Register for v-safe
- Go to vsafe.cdc.gov. Read the onscreen instructions and click Get Started.
- Enter your name, mobile number, and other requested information. Click Register.
- You will receive a text message with a verification code on your smartphone. Enter the code in
v-safe and click Verify.
- At the top of the screen, click Enter vaccine information.
- Select which COVID-19 vaccine you received (you can find this on your vaccination record card; if you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare provider). Enter the date you were vaccinated. Click Next.
- Review your vaccine information. If the information is correct, click Submit. If it’s not correct, click Go Back to correct it.
- Congrats! You’re all set! If you complete your registration before 2 p.m. local time, v-safe will start your initial health check-in around 2 p.m. that day. If you register after 2 p.m., v-safe will start your initial health check-in immediately after you register — just follow the instructions.
Registration before 2 p.m. local time:
Registration after 2 p.m. local time:
What happens next?
You will receive a mid-afternoon reminder text message from v-safe for the next check-in. Just click the link in the text message to start your check-in.
- When you receive a v-safe check-in text message on your smartphone, click the link when you’re ready. Remember: Links to v-safe daily surveys expire at 11:59 PM local time on the day you received the link. Links to weekly surveys expire at 11:59 PM local time on day 6 after you received the link.
- Follow the instructions to complete your check-in.