V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
Get your smartphone.
Get started with v-safe.
Use your smartphone to tell CDC about any side effects after getting the COVID-19 vaccine. You’ll also get reminders if you need a second vaccine dose.
V-safe is a smartphone-based tool that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide personalized health check-ins after you receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Through v-safe, you can quickly tell CDC if you have any side effects after getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Depending on your answers to the web surveys, someone from CDC may call to check on you and get more information. V-safe will also remind you to get your second COVID-19 vaccine dose if you need one.
Note: V-safe cannot schedule COVID-19 vaccination appointments, nor serve as an official record of being vaccinated against COVID-19. You will receive a COVID-19 vaccination card at your vaccination appointment. Click here to learn more about COVID-19 vaccination cards, including what to do if you lost or did not receive your card.
If you need to schedule, reschedule, or cancel a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, contact the location that set up your appointment or a vaccination provider in your area. This may be your state or local health department, employer, or vaccination provider.
V-safe does not provide medical advice. If you have symptoms or health problems that concern you at any time following COVID-19 vaccination, please contact your healthcare provider. In addition, if you have not been able to report your post-vaccination experience in v-safe (because of a missed or expired health check-in), you can also report adverse events after vaccination to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting Systemexternal icon.
play circle light iconWatch Video: Share Your COVID-19 Vaccination Experience with v-safe [00:00:31]
- Enter your name, mobile number, and other requested information. Click Register.
- You will receive a text message with a verification code on your smartphone. Enter the code in v-safe and click Verify.
- At the top of the screen, click Enter vaccine information.
- Select which COVID-19 vaccine you received (you can find this on your vaccination record card; if you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare provider). Enter the date you were vaccinated. Click Next.
- Review your vaccine information. If the information is correct, click Submit. If it’s not correct, click Go Back to correct it.
- Congrats! You’re all set! If you complete your registration before 2 p.m. local time, v-safe will start your initial health check-in around 2 p.m. that day. If you register after 2 p.m., v-safe will start your initial health check-in immediately after you register — just follow the instructions.
Registration before 2 p.m. local time:
Registration after 2 p.m. local time:
What Happens Next?
You will receive a mid-afternoon reminder text message from v-safe for the next check-in. Just click the link in the text message to start your check-in.
Complete a v-safe health check-in
- When you receive a v-safe check-in text message on your smartphone, click the link when you’re ready. Remember: Links to v-safe daily surveys expire at 11:59 PM local time on the day you received the link. Links to weekly surveys expire at 11:59 PM local time on day 6 after you received the link.
- Follow the instructions to complete your check-in.