Enroll your Dependent in v-safe
How to Register a Dependent
You will need your smartphone and information about the COVID-19 vaccine your dependent received. This information can be found on the vaccination record card received during vaccination; if you cannot find the card, please contact their healthcare provider.
- Go to vsafe.cdc.gov. Read the on-screen instructions and click Add a Dependent.
- Enter the dependent’s name and other requested information. Click Next.
- Review the dependent’s information. Click Add Dependent.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Enter vaccine information.
- Select which COVID-19 vaccine your dependent received (you can find this on your dependent’s vaccination record card; if you cannot find their card, please contact their healthcare provider).
- Enter the date your dependent received their first vaccine.
- Click Next.
- Enter their second dose by following the instructions on their first check in or by accessing their account after completing this process.
- If they have already received their second dose, you are still required to enter the date of their first dose so you don’t receive the second dose reminder.
- Review dependent’s vaccine information. If correct, click Submit. If not, click Go Back.
- Congrats! You’re all set, your dependent is registered. If the registration is completed before 2 p.m. local time, v-safe will start their initial health check-in around 2 p.m. that day. If the registration is completed after 2 p.m., v-safe will start their initial health check-in immediately the registration — just follow the instructions.
Registration before 2 p.m. local time:
Registration after 2 p.m. local time: