How to Add a Dependent in V-safe
Add a Dependent in V-safe: Instructions
You can add any dependent (family member, friend, or individual who relies on you for support) who is vaccinated in v-safe. Children under age 16 years must be added to a parent or guardian’s v-safe account.
If you do not have a v-safe account, go to How to Enroll or Access your v-safe Account for instructions. Creating an account to add a dependent does not require that you enter your own vaccination information or complete health check-ins for yourself.
You will need your smartphone to enroll in v-safe. It is helpful to have your dependent’s COVID-19 vaccination record card to remember details about which vaccine they received and when. If you or your dependent cannot remember this information, or find their vaccination card, please contact your healthcare professional.
- Go to vsafe.cdc.gov and click I am here for my child or dependent.
- Click Register yourself if you do not have a v-safe account. Click Access my account if you already have a v-safe account.
- Read the on-screen instructions and click Add a Dependent.
- Enter the dependent’s name and other requested information. Click Next.
- Review the dependent’s information. Click Add Dependent.
- At the bottom of the screen, Click Enter vaccine information.
- Enter the total number of doses your dependent has received, then follow the instructions to tell us about each dose. You can refer to your dependent’s vaccination record card if you don’t remember the type of vaccine or the date received. If you cannot find their card, please contact their healthcare professional.
- Verify that the information you entered is correct. You can modify entries by selecting the edit button prior to submitting to v-safe.
- You’re all set, your dependent is added! If you enrolled before 2 PM local time, v-safe will start their initial health check-in around 2 PM that day. If you enrolled after 2 PM, v-safe will start their initial health check-in immediately— just follow the instructions.
Have questions about v-safe or need help?
If you have questions or need assistance with v-safe, these resources can help:
- V-safe Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting
- Contact live v-safe support:
Available Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET
Call 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY 888-232-6348