Register for v-safe
How to Register
You will need your smartphone and information about the COVID-19 vaccine you received. This information can be found on the vaccination record card you received during your vaccination; if you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare provider.
- Go to vsafe.cdc.gov. Read the onscreen instructions and click Get Started.
V-safe in other languages: Español | 한국어 | Tiếng Việt | 中文
- Enter your name, mobile number, and other requested information. Click Register.
- You will receive a text message with a verification code on your smartphone. Enter the code in v-safe and click Verify.
- At the top of the screen, click Enter vaccine information.
- Select which COVID-19 vaccine you received (you can find this on your vaccination record card; if you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare provider).
- Enter the date you received your first COVID-19 vaccine.
- Click Next.
- Enter your second dose by following the instructions on your first check in or by accessing your account after completing this process.
- If you have already received your second dose, you are still required to enter the date of your first dose so you don’t receive the second dose reminder.
- Review your vaccine information. If correct, click Submit. If not, click Go Back.
- Congrats! You’re all set! If you complete your registration before 2 p.m. local time, v-safe will start your initial health check-in around 2 p.m. that day. If you register after 2 p.m., v-safe will start your initial health check-in immediately after you register — just follow the instructions.
Registration before 2 p.m. local time:
Registration after 2 p.m. local time: