How to Enroll or Access Your v-safe Account
v-safe Enrollment Instructions
You will need your smartphone to enroll in v-safe. It is helpful to have your COVID-19 vaccination record card to help you remember details about which vaccine you received and when. If you cannot remember your vaccination information or cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare professional.
Are you trying to add a dependent in v-safe? You can add any dependent (family member, friend, or individual who relies on you for support) who is vaccinated in v-safe. Children under age 16 years must be added to a parent or guardian’s v-safe account. If you already have a v-safe account, you can add a dependent to your existing account by following these instructions. Creating an account to add a dependent does not require that you enter your own vaccination information or complete health check-ins for yourself.
- Go to vsafe.cdc.gov. Read the onscreen instructions and click Get Started.
- Enter your name, mobile number, and other requested information. Click Register.
- You will receive a text message with a verification code on your smartphone. Enter the code in v-safe and click Verify.
- At the top of the screen, click Enter vaccine information.
- Enter the total number of doses you have received, then follow the instructions to tell us about each dose of vaccine received. You can refer to your vaccination record card if you don’t remember which vaccine or the date received.
If you cannot find your card, please contact your healthcare professional.
- Verify that the information you entered is correct.
You can modify entries by selecting the edit button prior to submitting your responses to v-safe.
7. You’re all set! If you enrolled before 2 PM local time, v-safe will start your initial health check-in around 2 PM that day.
If you enrolled after 2 PM, v-safe will start your initial health check-in immediately — just follow the instructions.
- Go to vsafe.cdc.gov and scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see the link “Already Registered?”
Select “Already Registered?” If you do not see the link for “Already Registered?”, refresh your browser.
- Enter your v-safe registration code (the 13-character code you received after completing v–safe registration) or your information as you did when you originally enrolled and select “Send Secure Link.”
- You will receive a direct link to your account via text message.
- Select this link to access your account and enter the 6-digit verification code you also received via text message.
- Once in your account, you can view your previous health check-ins, register your vaccination doses, change your language preferences, or change certain demographic information.
Have questions about v-safe or need help?
If you have questions or need assistance with v-safe, these resources can help:
- v-safe Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting
- Contact live v-safe support:
Available Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET
Call 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY 888-232-6348