COVID-19 Vaccines for Teachers, School Staff, and Childcare Workers
School and Childcare Staff Are Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccination
March was National School and Childcare Staff COVID-19 Vaccination Month. Although this special month has passed, US teachers, school staff, and childcare workers in pre-K-12 schools and childcare programs remain eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.
Who can get vaccinated?
- Teachers and staff in
- Pre-K–12 schools
- Childcare centers
- Head Start and Early Head Start programs
- Part C Early Interventionexternal icon programs
- Licensed childcare providers, including center-based and family care providers and home visitors
- Classroom aides
- Bus drivers
- Administration staff
- Cafeteria workers
- Substitute teachers
How do I schedule a vaccination appointment?
- Will I be required to get vaccinated for work?
- Are COVID-19 vaccines safe?
- Can a COVID-19 vaccine make me sick with COVID-19?
- Do I need to wear a mask and avoid close contact with others after I am vaccinated?
- How can I report vaccine side effects?
- Do I still need a vaccine if I already had COVID-19?
- How many shots of COVID-19 vaccine will be needed?
- What can my employer do to manage staff experiencing vaccine side effects?