In order to get and keep America open states, tribes, localities, and territories must be able to quickly identify new cases, break chains of transmission, and protect first responders and health care workers from infection. The purpose of this site is to serve as an easily accessible repository of guidelines, tools, and resources from CDC and others for states, tribes, localities, and territories.
- CDC Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Plan for Opening America Up Again pdf icon[60 pages]
Early in the pandemic when much of the country was under significant Coronavirus-related restrictions, CDC occasionally referenced different levels of social distancing. Now that the country is lifting restrictions, CDC is not referencing different levels of social distancing but does recommend social distancing as an important way to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- CDC COVID-19 STLT Funding Update pdf icon[1 page]
Infection control, lab capacity, community mitigation, surveillance, contact tracing, staffing
The Clinician On-Call Center pdf icon[PDF – 1 page] is a 24-hour hotline with trained CDC clinicians standing by to answer COVID-19 questions from healthcare personnel on a wide range of topics, such as diagnostic challenges, clinical management, and infection prevention and control.
To reach this service, call 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) and ask for the Clinician On-Call Center.
- June 10 – Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for the Prevention and Control of Emerging Infectious Diseases (ELC) Cooperative Agreement: Enhanced Detection Guidance
- June 10 – Guidance on COVID-19 funding provided to all 64 ELC recipients through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act of 2020. Download the printable version pdf icon[PDF – 7 pages]
- June 3 – Interim COVID-19 Contact Tracing Communications Toolkit for Health Departments
- May 26 – Interim Guidance on Developing a COVID-19 Case Investigation & Contact Tracing Plan: Overview
- May 26 – CDC is awarding $10.25 billion dollars to provide critical resources pdf icon[PDF – 1 page]
- May 23 – Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith
- May 21 – Key Information to Collect During a Case Interview
- May 9 – CDC’s Interim Guidance for General Population Disaster Shelters During the COVID-19 Pandemic pdf icon[PDF – 9 pages]
Content describing non-CDC tools on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to indicate endorsement, actual or implied, of the tools. Additionally, information on this site is provided “as is,” for users to evaluate and make their own determination as to their effectiveness.