On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, COVID-19. CDC will be updating our website and other CDC materials to reflect the updated name.
Resources for State, Local, and Territorial Health Departments
This page includes information and resources about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for state, local, and territorial health departments.
Interim Guidance for Public Health Personnel Evaluating Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) and Asymptomatic Close Contacts of Confirmed Cases at Their Home or Non-Home Residential Settings – This guidance is intended to address recommended infection prevention and control practices when these activities are performed at a home or non-home residential settings, which warrant additional considerations beyond those described for healthcare settings.
Reporting a Person Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 – Information for health departments on reporting and specimen referral for Persons Under Investigation (PUIs).
Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Interim guidance for assessing risk of potential exposures to COVID-19 and implementing public health actions.
Case Report Form for COVID-19 – Case Report Form to report a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 to CDC.
Information for Healthcare Professionals All current interim guidance, and resources on PUIs, clinical care, infection control, home care, and personal protective equipment supplies.
- Interim Guidance for Public Health Personnel Evaluating Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) and Asymptomatic Close Contacts of Confirmed Cases at Their Home or Non-Home Residential Settings Monday, February 24, 2020
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel (New Travel Alerts) Monday, February 24, 2020
- CDC in Action: Preparing Communities for Potential Spread of COVID-19 Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease-2019 (COVID-19) and Children Sunday, February 23, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Pregnancy Friday, February 21, 2020
- Stigma Related to COVID-19 Friday, February 21, 2020
- Resources for State, Local, and Territorial Health Departments Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Interim Guidance for Collection and Submission of Postmortem Specimens from Deceased Persons Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control FAQs for COVID-19 Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Health Alert Network (HAN) Messages: Primary method of sharing cleared information about urgent public health incidents with public information officers; federal, state, territorial, tribal, and local public health practitioner; clinicians; and public health laboratories.
- CDC Newsroom: CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on COVID-19: CDC provides an update periodically to media on the COVID-19 response.
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) Calls/Webinars: Subject matter experts present key emergency preparedness and response topics, followed by meaningful Q&A with participants.
- Pandemic Preparedness Resources – Pandemic influenza resources that can be adapted for preparedness for a potential COVID-19 outbreak.
- Stigma and COVID-19 – Resources and information on how to counter stigma associated to COVID-19
- COVID-2019 Publications