Team Lead Learning Objectives users icon
Identify Time Management Practices for Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Leads
Team Lead Sample Training Plan
In the midst of an outbreak, time management is of particular importance. Self-paced online training (e.g., curated reading list, videos, or eLearning course) is suggested. Inclusion of a post-test is strongly recommended.
Content describing non-CDC tools on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to indicate endorsement, actual or implied, of the tools. Additionally, information on this site is provided “as is,” for users to evaluate and make their own determination as to their effectiveness.
Keys to time management
- Course: Time Management: Working from Home
- Understand factors that will influence and interrupt your day to day including daily tasks, meetings, staff, emails, and the crisis of the day
- Set priorities, with patient care and interrupting disease transmission at the forefront
- Utilize technology to its full potential
- Delegate to staff in a systematic manner
Time Management: Working from Home
Topic areas: Time management
- Register: https://www.linkedin.com/learning/time-management-working-from-home/welcome
- Target audience: Remote professionals
- Description: Working from home is a wonderful opportunity, but time management can be a challenge. With so many demands on your time and attention, it’s a tricky balancing act to stay productive. In this course, bestselling author and productivity expert Dave Crenshaw offers best practices for anyone who works full-time or occasionally from home. Dave begins by showing how to set up a dedicated workspace for maximum productivity, including tips on setting up your computer to ensure you stay focused. Then Dave walks through how to craft your daily schedule for peak productivity and plan meaningful breaks to avoid burnout. He explains how to collaborate with remote coworkers, including how to use virtual meetings productively. Finally, Dave offers advice for working parents and other caregivers who might be balancing professional and personal responsibilities in the home.
- Create a productive environment by limiting distractions
- Evaluate and choose the best technology to increase your productivity
- Differentiate between constant effort and a healthy working rhythm
- Define expectations around communication while remaining responsive
- Identify the benefits of relationship building
- Learn how to manage interruptions and emergencies at home