Team Lead Learning Objectives users icon
Describe a Team Lead’s Role in Training and Development
Team Lead Sample Training Plan
Even the best training course has little effect without supervisor leadership. Live training (whether through videoconference or a live course on a learning management system) is suggested so that learners can receive real-time feedback and ask questions. Breakout sessions with smaller groups could be effective if multiple trainers or facilitators are available.
Content describing non-CDC tools on this site is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to indicate endorsement, actual or implied, of the tools. Additionally, information on this site is provided “as is,” for users to evaluate and make their own determination as to their effectiveness.
Team Lead’s role in training and on the job learning
- Assess training needs and conduct performance evaluations to guide training needs
- Organize formal training opportunities initially and then supplemental training while on the job, as indicated by the performance evaluations
- Adjust training to match participant skill-level
- Facilitate learning opportunities through informal training on the job
- Establish learning collaboratives
- Establish an ad hoc or structured mentoring opportunities