COVID-19 Published Science and Research
CDC is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by learning more about how the disease spreads and affects people and communities.
CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report publishes the results of COVID-19 outbreak investigations. CDC’s scientific journal Emerging Infectious Diseases has published dozens of studies by researchers studying COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 and Potential Airborne Transmission
The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus.
Recent CDC Articles
- EARLY RELEASE: Transmission of SARS-COV-2 Infections in Households - Tennessee and Wisconsin, April-September 2020
- SARS-CoV-2 Exposure and Infection Among Health Care Personnel - Minnesota, March 6-July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Outbreak at an Overnight Summer School Retreat - Wisconsin, July-August 2020
- Trends in the Use of Telehealth During the Emergence of the COVID-19 Pandemic - United States, January-March 2020
- COVID-19 Outbreak Among a University's Men's and Women's Soccer Teams - Chicago, Illinois, July-August 2020
- COVID-19 Mitigation Behaviors by Age Group - United States, April-June 2020
- COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations Among Health Care Personnel - COVID-NET, 13 States, March 1-May 31, 2020