COVID-19 Published Science and Research
CDC is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by learning more about how the disease spreads and affects people and communities.
CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report publishes the results of COVID-19 outbreak investigations. CDC’s scientific journal Emerging Infectious Diseases has published dozens of studies by researchers studying COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 and Potential Airborne Transmission
The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus.
Recent CDC Articles
- EARLY RELEASE: Risk for In-Hospital Complications Associated with COVID-19 and Influenza - Veterans Health Administration, United States, October 1, 2018-May 31, 2020
- EARLY RELEASE: Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19, by Age and Race and Ethnicity - United States, January 26-October 3, 2020
- EARLY RELEASE: Race, Ethnicity, and Age Trends in Persons Who Died from COVID-19 - United States, May-August 2020
- An Outbreak of COVID-19 Associated with a Recreational Hockey Game - Florida, June 2020
- Demographic Characteristics, Experiences, and Beliefs Associated with Hand Hygiene Among Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic - United States, June 24-30, 2020
- Factors Influencing Risk for COVID-19 Exposure Among Young Adults Aged 18-23 Years - Winnebago County, Wisconsin, March-July 2020
- Transmission Dynamics by Age Group in COVID-19 Hotspot Counties - United States, April-September 2020