COVID-19 Published Science and Research
CDC is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by learning more about how the disease spreads and affects people and communities.
CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report publishes the results of COVID-19 outbreak investigations. CDC’s scientific journal Emerging Infectious Diseases has published dozens of studies by researchers studying COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
Options to Reduce Quarantine for Contacts of Persons with SARS-CoV-2 Infection Using Symptom Monitoring and Diagnostic Testing
Quarantine can be a burden on public health systems and communities and may dissuade people from naming contacts. Reducing the length of quarantine will reduce the burden and may increase community compliance.
CDC Science Agenda for COVID-19: Building the Evidence Base to Inform the Ongoing Public Health Response, 2020-2023
The agenda guides the development of the evidence base needed to strengthen the public health actions, guidance, and policy essential to limit the spread and impact of SARS-CoV-2 and end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Scientific Brief: Community Use of Cloth Masks to Control the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
CDC recommends community use of masks, specifically non-valved multi-layer cloth masks, to prevent transmission of SARS-CoV-2.
Scientific Brief: SARS-CoV-2 and Potential Airborne Transmission
The principal mode by which people are infected with SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is through exposure to respiratory droplets carrying infectious virus.
Recent CDC Articles
- EARLY RELEASE: The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Interim Recommendation for Allocating Initial Supplies of COVID-19 Vaccine - United States, 2020
- Disproportionate Incidence of COVID-19 Infection, Hospitalizations, and Deaths Among Persons Identifying as Hispanic or Latino - Denver, Colorado March-October 2020
- Multidisciplinary Community-Based Investigation of a COVID-19 Outbreak Among Marshallese and Hispanic/Latino Communities - Benton and Washington Counties, Arkansas, March 2020-June 2020
- Increase in Hospital-Acquired Carbapenem-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii Infection and Colonization in an Acute Care Hospital During a Surge in COVID-19 Admissions - New Jersey, February-July 2020
- SURVEILLANCE SUMMARIES: Abortion Surveillance - United States, 2018
- QuickStats: Percentage of Adults Aged ≥20 Years Who Had Chronic Pain, by Veteran Status and Age Group - National Health Interview Survey, United States, 2019
- Prevalence and Trends in Cigarette Smoking Among Adults with Epilepsy - United States, 2010-2017