On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, COVID-19. CDC will be updating our website and other CDC materials to reflect the updated name.
2019-Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-time rRT-PCR Panel Primers and Probes
- These procedures and/or reagents derived thereof are intended to be used for the purposes of respiratory virus surveillance and research. The procedures and reagents derived thereof may not be used directly in human subjects. The recipient agrees to use the procedures and/or reagents in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- The procedures and reagents derived thereof are intended for public health surveillance and evaluation purposes. CDC does not support the use of the reagents and protocols for commercial purposes. Non-exclusive license agreements for their use in commercial product development can be obtained from the US government. Please contact the Technology Transfer Office (TTO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), if information is desired concerning the present status of this invention or how to license these procedures and/or reagents and/or patents covering these procedures and/or reagents.
- The recipient can acknowledge the source of the procedures and/or reagents in any oral presentations or written publications concerning the research project by referring to the Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA.
- These procedures and/or reagents represent a significant investment on the part of CDC. Protocols are only provided to recipients that have registered their request with the CDC. Therefore, Receiving Institution agrees that Recipient’s Investigator will retain control over these materials and further agrees that Recipient’s Investigator will not transfer these procedures and/or reagents to other people not under her or his direct supervision. The recipient shall refer any request for the procedures and/or reagents to the CDC to ensure they receive the most recent version(s) of protocols and reagents.
- Any material delivered pursuant to this agreement is understood to be experimental in nature and may have hazardous properties. THE PROVIDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTENDS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE MATERIAL WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Unless prohibited by law, the recipient assumes all liability for claims for damages against it by third parties which may arise from the use, storage or disposal of the reagents and protocols except that, to the extent permitted by law, CDC, as the provider, shall be liable to the recipient when the damage is caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of CDC.
- Biosafety: Recipient’s Biosafety Committee shall accept full responsibility for the safety of the Research Project and that the Research Project will be performed in accordance with National rules and regulations for handling these procedures and/or reagents.
- Recipient agrees not to claim, infer, or imply CDC endorsement of the Research Project, the institution or personnel conducting the Research Project or any resulting product(s).
|Name||Description||Oligonucleotide Sequence (5’>3’)||Label1||Working
|2019-nCoV_N1-F||2019-nCoV_N1 Forward Primer||5’-GAC CCC AAA ATC AGC GAA AT-3’||None||20 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N1-R||2019-nCoV_N1 Reverse Primer||5’-TCT GGT TAC TGC CAG TTG AAT CTG-3’||None||20 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N1-P||2019-nCoV_N1 Probe||5’-FAM-ACC CCG CAT TAC GTT TGG TGG ACC-BHQ1-3’||FAM, BHQ-1||5 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N2-F||2019-nCoV_N2 Forward Primer||5’-TTA CAA ACA TTG GCC GCA AA-3’||None||20 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N2-R||2019-nCoV_N2 Reverse Primer||5’-GCG CGA CAT TCC GAA GAA-3’||None||20 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N2-P||2019-nCoV_N2 Probe||5’-FAM-ACA ATT TGC CCC CAG CGC TTC AG-BHQ1-3’||FAM, BHQ-1||5 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N3-F||2019-nCoV_N3 Forward Primer||5’-GGG AGC CTT GAA TAC ACC AAA A-3’||None||20 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N3-R||2019-nCoV_N3 Reverse Primer||5’-TGT AGC ACG ATT GCA GCA TTG-3’||None||20 µM|
|2019-nCoV_N3-P||2019-nCoV_N3 Probe||5’-FAM-AYC ACA TTG GCA CCC GCA ATC CTG-BHQ1-3’||FAM, BHQ-1||5 µM|
|RP-F||RNAse P Forward Primer||5’-AGA TTT GGA CCT GCG AGC G-3’||None||20 µM|
|RP-R||RNAse P Reverse Primer||5’-GAG CGG CTG TCT CCA CAA GT-3’||None||20 µM|
|5’-FAM – TTC TGA CCT GAA GGC TCT GCG CG – BHQ-1-3’||FAM, BHQ-1||5 µM|