On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, COVID-19. CDC will be updating our website and other CDC materials to reflect the updated name.
Information for Laboratories
This page includes interim guidance and resources for laboratory professionals working with specimens from persons under investigation (PUI) for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Real-Time RT-PCR Resources
- Processing of Sputum Specimens for Nucleic Acid Extraction pdf icon[1 page]
- rRT-PCR Identification Protocols
- rRT PCR Primers and Probes
- To request rRT-PCR kits, CDC’s International Reagent Resource (IRR)external icon
- To request 2019-nCoV grown in cell culture, NIH’s BEI Resources Repositoryexternal icon