Training for Healthcare Professionals
Search COVID-19 Trainings on TRAIN
Find COVID-19 trainings on infection prevention and control, personal protective equipment, and other topics via TRAIN. Note: Links to non-CDC courses do not constitute an endorsement by CDC. Only courses offered by CDC Course Providers have been verified and approved by CDC.
Varied formats: COVID-19 Trainings on TRAINexternal icon
Clinical Care & Infection Control
Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) Calls
Learn the latest clinical information and guidance about COVID-19. Recent COCA Calls address influenza vaccination during the pandemic, telehealth, and support for patients with diabetes.
COVID-19 Prevention in Long-term Care Facilities
Learn how to protect nursing home and long-term care residents from COVID-19.
COVID-19 Prevention in Hemodialysis Facilities
Learn ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in hemodialysis facilities.
Learn about epidemiology, research, and clinical care developments from CDC.
Video interview: CDC Update
Nursing Home Infection Preventionist Training Course
Learn best practices for infection prevention and control in nursing homes. Free CE.
Self-paced online course: Nursing Home Infection Preventionist Training Course external icon
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Donning and Doffing PPE
Learn how to safely put on (don) and take off (doff) PPE recommended for healthcare personnel caring for patients with COVID-19.
Videos: Donning and Doffing PPE
Healthcare Respiratory Protection Resources
Learn about respiratory protection in healthcare settings.
Varied Formats: Healthcare Respiratory Protection Resources
Nonpharmaceutical Interventions (NPIs)
Application and Integration of NPIs into Pre-Pandemic Influenza Planning, Preparedness and Response
Learn about NPIs to help slow the spread of pandemic flu. Some of the pandemic flu NPI training is applicable to COVID-19. Free CE.
The Science of Social Distancing: Part 1
Learn about the science on social distancing, strategies to support it, and how findings from past pandemics — as well as the current one — can shape responses today.
The Science of Social Distancing: Part 2
Learn more about social distancing. Topics include benefit-risk analysis of social/physical distancing strategies, including for vulnerable populations; strategies for mitigating mental health impacts; and what science is available to guide eventual relaxation of measures.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Learn how to protect communities during the 2020 hurricane season while practicing social distancing. Free CE.
Webinar: Hurricane Preparedness
Psychological First Aid
Learn how Psychological First Aid can help you promote safety, connectedness, and hope in times of crisis. Free CE.
Webinar: Psychological First Aid
Crisis & Emergency Risk Communication
Learn how to communicate in a public health emergency. Topics include the psychology of a crisis, messages and audiences, and community engagement. Free CE.
Public Health Emergency Law Online Training
Learn how to make informed legal decisions related to emergency preparedness and response.
Self-paced online course: Public Health Emergency Law Online Trainingexternal icon
National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Learn about NIMS, the Incident Command System (ICS), and National Response Framework.
Self-paced online course: National Incident Management System (NIMS)external icon
Learn about contact tracing and case investigation for COVID-19.
Varied formats: COVID-19 Contact Tracing Training
Learn promising public health practices to reduce disparities and advance equity.
Webinar: Promising Practices in Health Equity
Nurses on Shift Work and Long Hours
Learn ways to reduce workplace fatigue and stay healthy. Free CE.
Self-paced online course: Nurses on Shift Work and Long Hours
Workplace Violence Prevention for Nurses
Learn about the scope and nature of violence in the healthcare setting. Free CE.
Self-paced online course: Workplace Violence Prevention for Nurses
COVID-19 in Animals
Learn about COVID-19 in animals, treatment guidance for veterinary facilities, and guidance for meat and poultry processors. Free CE.
Webinars: COVID-19 in Animals
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) COVID-19 Clinician Resourcesexternal icon
- American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) COVID-19 Webinar Seriesexternal icon
- American Medical Association (AMA) COVID-19 Resource Centerexternal icon
- American Nurses Association (ANA) COVID-19 Educationexternal icon
- American Public Health Association (APHA)/National Academy of Medicine COVID-19 Conversationsexternal icon
- Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) TRACIE COVID-19 Healthcare Workforce Training Resourcesexternal icon
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO) Monthly Conversations for Public Health Leaders in the Era of COVID-19external icon
- Indian Health Service (IHS) COVID-19 Webinarsexternal icon
- National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) COVID-19 Response, Recovery, Resilienceexternal icon
- Public Health Institute (PHI) COVID-19 Web Forumsexternal icon
- Rural Health Information Hub (RHIhub) Rural Healthcare Surge Readiness Workforce Resourcesexternal icon
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)/ASPR COVID-19 Clinical Roundsexternal icon
- Veterans Affairs (VA) COVID-19 Trainingexternal icon and COVID-19 Guidance for Community Providersexternal icon
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Course Seriesexternal icon