Easy to Read COVID-19 Materials
CDC is reviewing this page to align with updated guidance.
These Easy to Read COVID-19 materials were primarily developed for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and others who read or listen with understanding below a third-grade level.
Testing for COVID-19
- Steps for People with Weakened Immune Systems to Stay Safe from COVID-19
- Stay Safe from COVID-19
- Wearing a Mask
- Wearing a Mask During Travel
- Clean and Disinfect at Home
- Protect Animals from COVID-19
- Quarantine vs. Isolation
- Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Caring for Someone with COVID-19
- COVID-19 Safety
- Improving the Air in Your Home
If you have COVID-19
- Things to Know About COVID-19
- 10 Things to Know When You Have COVID-19
- Staying Away from People When You Have COVID-19
- Stay Safe When People Visit Your Home
- Get Medicine for COVID-19
Development of these materials was supported by a grant from the CDC Foundation, using funding provided by its donors. The materials were created by the Center for Literacy & Disability Studies, Department of Allied Health Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the Center for Inclusive Design and Innovation at Georgia Tech. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provided subject matter expertise and approved the content. The use of the names of private entities, products, or enterprises is for identification purposes only and does not imply CDC endorsement.
Project funding ended 9/30/2021. All edits after that date are completed solely by CDC.