Stop the Spread of Rumors
Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019
Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 can cause people to avoid or reject others even though they are not at risk for spreading the virus.
Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19.
For up-to-date information, visit CDC’s coronavirus disease situation summary page.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Shortness of breath
Seek medical advice if you
- Develop symptoms
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 or live in or have recently traveled from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19. Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
More details: Stress and Coping