ARCHIVED WEBPAGE: This web page is available for historical purposes. CDC is no longer updating this web page and it may not reflect CDC's current COVID-19 guidance. For the latest information, visit CDC's COVID-19 home page.
Airport Personnel and COVID-19
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provides resources to assist employers and workers identify COVID-19 exposure risks and help them take appropriate steps to prevent exposure and infection. See the OSHA Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) topic pageexternal icon for the most current requirements, guidance, and tools.
FAA Runway to Recovery Guidancepdf iconexternal icon
The United States framework for airlines and airports to mitigate the public health risks of coronavirus
Stay informed. Talk to your employer, supervisor, union representative, or airport personnel who are responsible for responding to COVID-19 concerns. See these sources for more information on reducing the risk of worker exposures to COVID-19:
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- NIOSH Workplace Safety and Health Topic
- NIOSH Report HETA 98-0203-2778 Evaluation of airplane toilet maintenancepdf iconpdf icon
- CDC Updated Interim Guidance for Airlines and Airline Crew: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC: Guidance for reducing health risks to workers handling human waste or sewage
- OSHA COVID19external iconexternal icon
- WHO Water, sanitation, hygiene and waste management for COVID-19pdf iconexternal iconpdf iconexternal icon
- WHO Guide to hygiene and sanitation in aviationexternal iconexternal icon
- Suspected communicable disease guidelines for maintenance crewpdf iconexternal iconpdf iconexternal icon
- CDCINFO: 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) | TTY: 1-888-232-6348 | website: cdc.gov/info