School Nutrition Resources
For School Nutrition Professionals, Teachers, and Staff
What Schools Need to Know
Information for school nutrition professionals and volunteers to promote healthy behaviors, environments, and operations to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Safely Distributing School Meals
Tool to help school staff safely serve or distribute meals to in-person, virtual, and hybrid learners at schools. Provides mitigation strategies for each food delivery model.
Checklist for Serving Meals at School
Provides a printable overview for school facilities, highlights key mitigation strategies for serving school meals.
- Meals for Kids Interactive Map external icon
- USDA COVID-19 Q&A Policy Memosexternal icon
- Food and Nutrition Service Responds to COVID-19external icon
- School Meal Programs Are for All Kids: CDC Healthy Schools Partner Promotion Toolkitexternal icon
- Considerations for Outdoor Learning Gardens and Community Gardens