ARCHIVED WEBPAGE: This web page is available for historical purposes. CDC is no longer updating this web page and it may not reflect CDC's current COVID-19 guidance. For the latest information, visit CDC's COVID-19 home page.
Toolkit for Correctional and Detention Facilities
Guidance and tools to help administrators of correctional and detention facilities make decisions and protect and communicate with staff, people who are incarcerated, and their communities.
Guidance and Planning Documents
- Interim Guidance on Management of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Correctional and Detention Facilities
- Interim Considerations for SARS-CoV-2 Testing in Correctional and Detention Facilities
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Guidance
- COVID-19 Training for Correctional and Detention Facility Workers pdf icon[1.6 MB, 31 pages]
- List of COVID-19 Resources for Correctional and Detention Facilities
- Worker Safety and Support
- Employees: How to Cope with Job Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Testing Strategy for Coronavirus (COVID-19) in High-Density Critical Infrastructure Workplaces after a COVID-19 Case Is Identified
- People with Certain Medical Conditions
- Health Equity Considerations & Racial & Ethnic Minority Groups