On February 11, 2020 the World Health Organization announced an official name for the disease that is causing the current outbreak of coronavirus disease, COVID-19. CDC will be updating our website and other CDC materials to reflect the updated name.
Resources for State, Local, and Territorial Health Departments
This page includes information and resources about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for state, local, and territorial health departments.
Reporting a Person Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 – Information for health departments on reporting and specimen referral for Persons Under Investigation (PUIs).
Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Interim guidance for assessing risk of potential exposures to COVID-19 and implementing public health actions.
Case Report Form for COVID-19 – Case Report Form to report a laboratory-confirmed case of COVID-19 to CDC.
Interim Guidance for Public Health Personnel Evaluating Persons Under Investigation (PUIs) and Asymptomatic Close Contacts of Confirmed Cases at Their Home or Non-Home Residential Settings – Recommended infection prevention and control practices when these activities are performed at a home or non-home residential settings, which warrant additional considerations beyond those described for healthcare settings.
Information for Healthcare Professionals All current interim guidance, and resources on PUIs, clinical care, infection control, home care, and personal protective equipment supplies.
- Webinar: Strategies for Ensuring Healthcare Systems Preparedness and Optimizing N95 Supplies Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Strategies for Optimizing Supply of N95 Respirators Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- FAQ about Respirators Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Disposition of Patients with COVID-19 Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- FAQ for Healthcare Professionals Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure to COVID-19 Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Health Alert Network (HAN) Messages: Primary method of sharing cleared information about urgent public health incidents with public information officers; federal, state, territorial, tribal, and local public health practitioner; clinicians; and public health laboratories.
- CDC Newsroom: CDC Media Telebriefing: Update on COVID-19: CDC provides an update periodically to media on the COVID-19 response.
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) Calls/Webinars: Subject matter experts present key emergency preparedness and response topics, followed by meaningful Q&A with participants.
- Pandemic Preparedness Resources – Pandemic influenza resources that can be adapted for preparedness for a potential COVID-19 outbreak.
- Stigma and COVID-19 – Resources and information on how to counter stigma associated to COVID-19
- COVID-2019 Publications