Information for Healthcare Professionals about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Healthcare providers who have cared or are caring for patients younger than 21 years of age meeting multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) criteria should report suspected cases to their local, state, or territorial health department.
For additional reporting questions, please contact CDC’s 24-hour Emergency Operations Center at 770-488-7100.
Care for Patients
Protect Patients and Workers
The Clinician On-Call Center is a hotline with trained CDC clinicians standing by to answer COVID-19 questions daily from healthcare personnel on a wide range of topics, such as diagnostic challenges, clinical management, and infection prevention and control. To reach this service, call 800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) and ask for the Clinician On-Call Center. Learn more pdf icon[1 page].
COVID-19Surge is a spreadsheet-based tool that hospital administrators and public health officials can use to estimate the surge in demand for hospital-based services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This spreadsheet can help healthcare facilities plan and optimize the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for response to coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
- CDC Health Alert Network (HAN)
- Health Equity
- National Institutes of Health: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Treatment Guidelinesexternal icon
- State Health Department After-Hours Contact Listexternal icon
- HHS ASPR Technical Resources, Assistance Center, and Information Exchange (TRACIE)external icon
- Public Health Vets & Animal Health Officials
- Healthcare Personnel and First Responders: How to Cope with Stress and Build Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration: CURE IDexternal icon