Firearm deaths persist as a significant and growing public health problem. Racial and other disparities in firearm deaths have continued to widen for some groups.
An upstander is someone who sees what happens and intervenes, interrupts, or speaks up to stop the bullying.
Essentials for Parenting offers expert advice, engaging videos, and downloadable print resources for parents and caregivers of 2- to 4-year-old children.
- Strategic VisionThe division will focus on three strategic priorities for the next five years.
- Connecting the DotsA cross-cutting approach helps to better prevent violence in all its forms.
- TimelineExplore the CDC’s history of combatting violence as a public health problem.
- Public Health ApproachLearn more about how the division’s approach focuses on the well-being of entire populations.
- The Social-Ecological ModelThis framework for prevention explores the factors that influence violence.
- Funded Programs and InitiativesLearn more about the division’s collaborative efforts to prevent violence.
- Funded ResearchRead more about the innovative research conducted by the division.