Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
Outbreaks Affecting International Travelers
Please see the Travelers' Health site for a complete list.
In the last two years, CDC has sent scientists and doctors out more than 750 times to respond to health threats. Learn more below.
Further Sources for Content about Specific Outbreaks
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks
Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Health Alert Network
Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents
Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Page last reviewed: August 20, 2014
- Page last updated: August 20, 2014
- Content source:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Division of News and Electronic Media