World AIDS Day Toolkit
World AIDS Day is December 1
Share with us:
We want to feature worldwide perspectives on HIV for World AIDS Day social and promotional materials. If you or someone you know has been affected by HIV, please share your voice and your action! In the lead-up to World AIDS Day on December 1, we will amplify your responses in global solidarity toward ending HIV.
Anyone can participate—see below for more details on how you can be featured.
You could start by saying: “This World AIDS Day…” and use the prompt to share your voice and your action—past, present, or future. Examples might include:
- How the HIV epidemic has impacted your life or community.
- Reflections on your work in HIV prevention, control, or treatment.
- Stories of lives improved through early detection and treatment.
- What drives your commitment to the important work you do.
- How you plan to energize your organization.
- Post your story on social media using the hashtag #MyVoiceMyAction.
- Snap a picture and share on social media using the hashtag #MyVoiceMyAction—or email your quote and picture to email@example.com (only first name, last initial, and location will be used).
- Record a 15 to 20-second video featuring any reflections or what you’re doing to reflect, commit & energize, then send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to tell us who you are, where you are, and what you do! When sharing a video to social media make sure to use the hashtag #MyVoiceMyAction.
- Share the images below with the hashtag #MyVoiceMyAction on social media channels to encourage your friends and followers to lend their voices, too.
“I’m taking action to end the HIV epidemic by showing my support and volunteering my time. Will you join me?”
You have until October 22, 2021 to share your quotes, pictures, and videos.
Submissions may be featured in World AIDS Day promotional materials from early November until the end of the year. In addition, the World AIDS Day digital toolkit will be updated to include featured submissions in materials to download and share.
Community leaders may also share and discuss your stories, photos, and video submissions during live social media events on December 1st. Be on the lookout for information on live events in your time zone, and don’t forget to use #MyVoiceMyAction for your chance to be featured!
For content to be considered for this campaign, we are focused on highlighting real people who have had HIV-related health issues, have known someone who has, or worked in the field of HIV-related health issues.
Submission via email or hashtag does not equate to automatic participation. All submissions will require consent for use of images by CDC in its World AIDS Day promotional material.