Additional Footnotes for Recommended Immunization Schedule for Persons Age 0 Through 18 Years and Catch-up Immunization Schedule
Recommended Immunization Schedule for Persons Aged 0 Through 18 Years and Catch-up Immunization Schedule
Additional Vaccine information
- For contraindications and precautions to use of a vaccine and for additional information regarding that vaccine, vaccination providers should consult the General Best Practice Guidelines for Immunization and the relevant ACIP statement.
- For purposes of calculating intervals between doses, 4 weeks = 28 days. Intervals of 4 months or greater are determined by calendar months.
- Vaccine doses administered ≤ 4 days before the minimum interval are considered valid. Doses of any vaccine administered ≥5 days earlier than the minimum interval or minimum age should not be counted as valid doses and should be repeated as age-appropriate. The repeat dose should be spaced after the invalid dose by the recommended minimum interval. For further details, see Table 1, Recommended and minimum ages and intervals between vaccine doses, in MMWR, General Recommendations on Immunization and Reports [64 pages] / Vol. 60 / No. 2, .
- Information on travel vaccine requirements and recommendations.
- For vaccination of persons with primary and secondary immunodeficiencies, see Table 13, Vaccination of persons with primary and secondary immunodeficiencies, in General Recommendations on Immunization [64 pages] (ACIP); and Immunization in Special Clinical Circumstances (American Academy of Pediatrics). In: Kimberlin DW, Brady MT, Jackson MA, Long SS, eds. Red Book: 2015 report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 30th ed. Elk Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics, 2015:68-107.
- The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) is a no-fault alternative to the traditional legal system for resolving vaccine injury petitions. Created by the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, it provides compensation to people found to be injured by certain vaccines. All vaccines within the recommended childhood immunization schedule are covered by VICP except for pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV). For more information, see www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/index.html.
See footnotes for Recommended Immunization Schedule for Persons Age 0 Through 18 Years and Catch-up Immunization Schedule.
- Page last reviewed: February 6, 2017
- Page last updated: April 20, 2017
- Content source: