The environment is everything around us: the air we breathe, the water we drink and use, and the food we eat. Traditionally, tribal populations have a close relationship with the environment because of their reliance on natural resources to maintain traditional lifestyles. The resources below provide information specifically for American Indian and Alaska Native populations as well as general information about environmental health.
- Ten Essential Environmental Public Health Services
- Tribal Public Health Environmental Think Tank: Priorities in Tribal Public Health [PDF-2.9MB]
- Indian Health Service: Ten Essential Environmental Health Services
- Environmental Protection Agency: Tribal Research Resources
- Environmental Protection Agency: Tribal Environmental Health Research