Tribal Consultation Sessions
CDC honors the sovereignty of American Indian/Alaska Native tribal nations, respects the inherent rights of self-governance, commits to work on a government-to-government basis, and upholds the federal trust responsibility. Tribal Consultation Sessions provide a forum for consultation between CDC leadership and elected or appointed tribal leaders (or their designated representatives).
Government-to-government consultation will be conducted with elected tribal officials or their designated representatives before taking actions and/or making decisions that affect them. CDC’s Tribal Consultation Policy (the Policy) and procedures within the Policy were established to provide elected tribal leaders, or their designated representatives, with a number of opportunities to interact with CDC staff and leadership. Each opportunity complements, not supplants, the others.
Tribal Leader Testimony Accepted August 5-September 7, 2021
Virtual Session August 5, 2021 3:15–4:45 pm (EDT)
- Tribal Consultation Summary Report on CDC/ATSDR’s Tribal Consultation Policy pdf icon[PDF – 3 MB]
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter Announcing the Summary Report for the Tribal Consultation on CDC/ATSDR’s Tribal Consultation Policy pdf icon[PDF – 141 KB]
- Consultation Session Agenda pdf icon[PDF – 569 KB]
- Tribal Testimony Guidance pdf icon[PDF – 96 KB]
- CDC/ATSDR Tribal Consultation Policy
- Federal Register Noticeexternal icon
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter Announcing Tribal Consultation Session on August 5, 2021: Dated July 6, 2021 pdf icon[PDF – 181 KB]
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter Acknowledging Tribal Leader Recommendations: Dated August 26, 2021 pdf icon[PDF – 180 KB]