CDC/ATSDR Tribal Consultation
Tribal Consultation Policy
Government-to-government consultation will be conducted with elected tribal officials or their authorized representatives before taking actions and/or making decisions that affect them. CDC’s Tribal Consultation Policy and procedures within that policy were established to provide tribal leaders, or their designees, with opportunities to interact with CDC leaders and staff.
Tribal Consultation Sessions
These sessions are held in accordance to CDC/ASTDR’s Consultation Policy and attended by elected tribal leaders, or their authorized representatives. Meetings may be held in person or virtually.
CDC/ATSDR 2021 August Tribal Consultation Session
August 5, 2021
3:15–4:45 pm (EDT)
Register for the zoom platform meeting to receive your individual meeting access link
- Consultation session agenda pdf icon[PDF – 569 KB]
- Tribal Testimony Guidance pdf icon[PDF – 96 KB]
- CDC/ATSDR Tribal Consultation Policy
- Federal Register Noticeexternal icon
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter Announcing Tribal Consultation Session on August 5, 2021: Dated July 6, 2021 pdf icon[PDF – 181 KB]
- Dear Tribal Leader Letter Acknowledging Tribal Leader Recommendations: Dated August 26, 2021 pdf icon[PDF – 180 KB]
Tribal Advisory Committee
The Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) advises CDC/ATSDR on policy issues and broad strategies that may significantly affect American Indian/Alaska Native communities.
Health and Human Services (HHS) Tribal Consultation
CDC participates in annual HHS national and regional tribal consultation sessions, as well as various intradepartmental committees including
- Secretary’s Tribal Advisory Committee (STAC)
- Intradepartmental Council on Native American Affairs (ICNAA)
- American Indian/Alaska Native Health Research Advisory Council (HRAC)