Program Evaluation Support
Updated December 11, 2020
CDC’s Division of Tuberculosis Elimination (DTBE) Program Evaluation Team is available to provide technical assistance to DTBE-funded TB control and prevention programs. Contact your CDC TB project officer and evaluation consultant with additional questions or to begin the process.
Explore the following content to view additional program evaluation resources.
The mission of TB PEN is to develop and strengthen the capacity of state and local TB programs for monitoring and evaluating their programs and for using their findings in enhancing effectiveness of their prevention and control activities.
The goal of TB PEN is to build capacity for TB program evaluation activities in state and local TB programs and increase the number of programs that are evaluating their activities through the following means:
- Engaging TB control professionals in monitoring and evaluating TB control activities
- Providing expertise and technical assistance for conducting TB program evaluation
- Identifying and sharing effective program evaluation strategies
TB PEN membership is open to any federally funded TB agency and subrecipients who have an interest in TB program evaluation. No membership fees are charged and new members may join at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
TB PEN’s Steering Committee leads the development of programming for evaluation-focused sessions at the TB Education and Training Network (TB ETN) and Program Evaluation Network Conference held in Atlanta, Georgia, every other year. Past conference topics are available on the TB ETN conference website.
- Evaluation Question Checklistpdf icon
- Division of Adolescent and School Health’s Evaluation
- Division of Violence Prevention VetoViolence™ EvaluACTION
- Introduction to Program Evaluation for Public Health Programs: A Self-Study Guide
- Developing an Effective Evaluation Report: Setting the Course for Effective Program Evaluationpdf icon
- Coffee Breaks Webinar Series by CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention
- Fundamentals of Evaluating Partnershipspdf icon
- Practical Strategies for Culturally Competent Evaluation
Other Evaluation Resources
- Evaluation Checklist Project by Western Michigan Universityexternal icon
- Guiding Principles for Evaluators by the American Evaluation Associationexternal icon
- Program Evaluation Standards by the Joint Committee on Educational Evaluationexternal icon
- Training at The Evaluators’ Instituteexternal icon