Resources and References
CDC Interim Guidance: Polio Vaccine Requirements for Travelers Abroad
This video provides guidance on interim polio vaccine recommendations for travelers (6:20 minutes). Release date: December 15, 2014.
Ruling Out Poliovirus in Cases of Acute Flaccid Paralysis
Most current healthcare providers have never seen a case of polio. Would you recognize the signs and symptoms? Watch our expert summarizing what you need to know in this short video (6:28 minutes). Release date: August 4, 2014.
- Polio ACIP Vaccine Recommendations
- The Pink Book: Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases – Chapter 18 Poliomyelitis
- Surveillance Manual – Chapter 12: Poliomyelitis
- AAP Redbook: Poliovirus Infectionsexternal icon
- Vaccine-Derived Poliomyelitis 12 Years after Infection in Minnesotaexternal icon
- Vaccine Policy Changes and Epidemiology of Poliomyelitis in the United Statesexternal icon
- CDC. Progress Toward Polio Eradication – worldwide, January 2017-March 2019. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2019;68(20):458-462.
- CDC. Marin M, Patel M, Oberste S, Pallansch MA. Guidance for Assessment of Poliovirus Vaccination Status and Vaccination of Children Who Have Received Poliovirus Vaccine Outside the United States. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2017;66:23–25
- CDC. Wallace G, Seward J, Pallansch M. Interim CDC Guidance for Polio Vaccination for Travel to and from Countries Affected by Wild Poliovirus. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2014; 63(27);591-594.
- CDC. Trimble R, Atkins J, Quigg TC, Burns CC, Wallace GS, Thomas M, et al. Vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis and BCG-osis in an immigrant child with severe combined immunodeficiency syndrome — Texas, 2013. MMWR. 2014:63(33);721-4.
- CDC. Imported vaccine-associated paralytic poliomyelitis — United States, 2005. MMWR. 2006:55(04);97-9.
- CDC. Poliovirus Infections in Four Unvaccinated Children — Minnesota, August—October 2005. MMWR. 2005:54(41):1053-5.