CDC Current Outbreak List
Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
- Multistate Psittacosis Outbreak among Poultry Plant Workers, 2018 Announced September 2018
- Gravel Ridge Eggs – Salmonella Infections Announced September 2018
- Kosher Chicken – Salmonella Infections Announced August 2018
- Fresh Express Salad Mix Sold at McDonald’s - Cyclospora infections Announced August 2018
- Raw Turkey Products – Salmonella Infections Announced July 2018
- Kellogg's Honey Smacks Cereal – Salmonella Infections Announced June 2018
- Live Poultry in Backyard Flocks – Salmonella Infections Announced June 2018
- Outbreaks of hepatitis A in multiple states among people who are homeless and people who use drugs Announced March 2017
Please see the Travelers’ Health site for a complete list.
- Alert - Malaria in Brazil Announced January 2018
- Watch - Yellow Fever in Nigeria Announced January 2018
- Alert - Yellow Fever in Brazil Announced January 2018
- Watch - Measles in Serbia Announced January 2018
- Watch - Measles in Greece Announced December 2017
- Watch - Plague in Madagascar Announced December 2017
- Watch - 2018 Winter Olympics (PyeongChang 2018) Announced November 2017
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Hepatitis A Outbreaks – This list represents hepatitis A outbreak investigations since 2013 where CDC supported or led the investigation.