CDC Current Outbreak List
Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC. Listings include those outbreaks for which content is currently published on the CDC website.
Recent investigations reported on CDC.gov
- Northfork Bison – E. coli Infections Announced July 2019
- Pig Ear Dog Treats – Salmonella Infections Announced July 2019
- Papayas - Salmonella Infections Announced June 2019
- Backyard Flocks – Salmonella Announced May 2019
- Raw Milk – Drug-resistant Brucella (RB51) Announced February 2019
- Measles Outbreaks 2019 Announced January 2019
- Pet Hedgehogs – Salmonella infections Announced January 2019
- Multistate Psittacosis Outbreak among Poultry Plant Workers, 2018 Announced September 2018
- Outbreaks of hepatitis A in multiple states among people who are homeless and people who use drugs Announced March 2017
Please see the Travelers’ Health site for a complete list.
- Watch - Hemorrhagic Fever in Bolivia July 2019
- Watch - Global Measles Outbreak Notice June 2019
- Watch - Hajj in Saudi Arabia May 2019
- Watch - Monkeypox in Nigeria May 2019
- Alert - Ebola in Democratic Republic of the Congo April 2019
- Alert - Rubella in Japan March 2019
- Alert - Polio in Indonesia February 2019
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Multistate Foodborne Outbreaks – Foodborne outbreaks listed by year
- Hepatitis A Outbreaks – Hepatitis A outbreak investigations since 2013 where CDC supported or led the investigation.
- US Outbreaks Linked to Contact with Animals or Animal Products
- Health Alert Network – Health alerts, health advisories, updates, and info service messages. Designed for public health and medical communities.
- Recent Outbreaks and Incidents – Events involving the CDC Emergency Operations Center
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report – Outbreak investigation reports included among other content. Note that outbreak material includes state health department investigations. Designed for public health and medical communities.