Youth@Work—Talking Safety Curriculum for Oklahoma
DHHS (NIOSH) Publication Number 2015-168
The new Youth@Work—Talking Safety is a fun, free, and engaging curriculum that helps teachers and school/community-based job placement staff educate young people about the basics of job safety and health. The curriculum presents essential information and career-readiness skills through a focus on eight core competencies. The skills gained through the Talking Safety curriculum are transferable across industries and occupations and will help students stay safe and healthy at work now and throughout their lives.
Each of the six main lessons is designed for a 45-minute class period. There are also five supplemental 45‑minute lessons that include additional activities that may be used in conjunction with the main lessons. The curriculum is flexible and can easily be tailored to the needs of your students.
The following links contain the Talking Safety curriculum for Oklahoma, the accompanying PowerPoint presentation, and a companion video:
- Talking Safety OK curriculum pdf icon[PDF – 13 MB]
- Talking Safety OK curriculum (Spanish translation)pdf icon
- Teacher PowerPoint Presentation ppt icon[PPT – 36 MB]
- Teacher PowerPoint Presentation (Spanish translation)ppt icon
- Teen Workers: Real Jobs, Real Risks (Mallory’s Story)external icon
View other editions of the Youth@Work—Talking Safety curriculum.