Traumatic Injury Prevention Program
The Traumatic Injury Prevention Program aims to reduce and prevent work-related injury and death, across all industries, due to acute trauma or violence. To do this, we work closely with partners from industry, labor, trade associations, professional organizations, other government agencies, and academia. Through our partnerships and research efforts, we are able to address the human and economic burden imposed by the leading causes of work-related traumatic injuries, especially among high risk jobs and vulnerable worker groups.
- The National Occupational Injury Research Symposium (NOIRS), the only conference focused on occupational injury research, will be held October 16-18, 2018 in Morgantown, WV. Registration is free. You can learn more about NOIRS here.
- A fishing safety success story! Entanglements in fishing gear and deck machinery are a leading cause of injuries in commercial fishing. Here is a video example of how a fishing crew used an emergency stop (E-Stop) on their deck winch to prevent injury to a deckhand.
Traumatic Injury Prevention Program Information
- Page last reviewed: April 23, 2018
- Page last updated: July 10, 2018
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Office of Policy, Planning, and Evaluation