The services program provides leadership to prevent work-related injuries, illnesses and fatalities among the nation’s 71 million service workers. The Services Program works with partners in industry, labor, and trade associations to reduce traumatic injuries in targeted subsectors and address emerging issues.
Teaching Young Workers about Job Safety and Health – Many young people find their first job in the services sector. This is a curriculum for high schools to use to teach students about safety and health in the workplace.
NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluations of Service Sector Workers
- Chemical Exposures at a Vape Shop
- Evaluation of Occupational Exposure to Flame Retardants at Four Gymnastics Studios
- Evaluation of Eye and Respiratory Symptoms among Employees at an Indoor Waterpark Resort
- Evaluation of Indoor Environmental Quality Concerns in an Elementary School
- Evaluation of Noise Exposures in a City’s Public Works Department
- Page last reviewed: September 16, 2016
- Page last updated: December 14, 2017
- Content source:
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Division of Surveillance, Hazard Evals & Field Studies (DSHEFS)