Healthcare and Social Assistance Resources
NIOSH topic pages provide access to a broad range of web-based information on an occupational safety and health subject. Typically, topic pages contain introductory material and links to NIOSH publications and other resources related to the subject matter.
The following presents a non-exhaustive list of topics related to the HCSA Program:
- Antineoplastic Agents
- Bloodborne Infectious Diseases (HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B & C)
- Chemical Safety / Material Safety Data Sheets ( MSDSs )
- Drug Exposures in Healthcare
- Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF)
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Ethylene Oxide
- Hazardous Drug Exposures in Healthcare
- Health and Safety Practices Survey of Healthcare Workers
- Healthcare Workers
- Latex Allergies
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA)
- Nitrous Oxide
- Occupational Health Safety Network (OHSN)
- Stress at Work
- Violence (Occupational) (Injury)
- Work Schedules: Shift Work and Long Work Hours
Healthcare and Social Assistance Program Publications
This 236 page document was developed by the NORA HCSA Sector Council to address the “state of the sector,” including the magnitude and consequences of known and emerging health and safety problems, important knowledge gaps, and opportunities for research to improve the “state of the sector” over the next decade of NORA. Executive SummaryCdc-pdf
This Fact Sheet summarizes occupational health and safety hazards facing workers in the HCSA sector and provides recommendations for eliminating or reducing occupational injuries, illnesses and fatalities through a focused program of research and prevention.
The HCSA Program Performance One-Pager (or PPOP) outlines occupational safety and health priorities, major activities in the priority areas, accomplishments from 2016, and planned work for 2017.