Communication and Information Dissemination: Partners
Partnerships are integral to the NIOSH Communication and Dissemination Cross-Sector Portfolio Program. Input from customers and stakeholder groups help in setting research priorities, conducting research and implementing interventions. Partners also add expertise or specialized experience to the research team, which benefits the research, analysis, interpretation, and communication of the results.
Our partners include:
- Education and Resource Centers (ERCs)external icon
- NIOSH Agricultural Centers
- Florida Prevention Research Centerexternal icon
- CDC Centers for Excellence in Health Marketing and Communication
- CDC National Center for Health Marketing
- CDC Communication
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotionexternal icon
- National Institutes of Health Fogarty International Center
- National Cancer Instituteexternal icon
State and Local
- The Cochrane Collaborationexternal icon
- International Commission on Occupational Healthexternal icon
- International Occupational Hygiene Associationexternal icon
- Information Systems Security Associationexternal icon
- World Bankexternal icon
- World Health Organizationexternal icon
The NIOSH Communications Program is linked with the NIOSH Global Collaborations Program and the two programs are housed in the same office. The NIOSH Global Collaborations Program works with international partners in organizations on research, training, documents, and technical assistance to benefit workers everywhere.
- Communications tools of the Global Collaborations Program:
- World Health Organization Collaborating Centre Connection newsletter.
- The GeoLibraryexternal icon, an online library for occupational safety and health training materials and practices tools in five languages.
Professional and Trade Associations
- American Society of Safety Engineersexternal icon
- Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologistsexternal icon
- Laborers International Unionexternal icon
- American Industrial Hygienist Associationexternal icon
- National Safety Councilexternal icon
- The Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinicsexternal icon
- American Association of Occupational Health Nursesexternal icon
Partnering with Other Portfolio Program Areas
The Communication Portfolio alignment with NIOSH’s research to practice (r2p) activity provides an opportunity to collaborate with all NORA sectors and cross-sector programs.
The Partnership Database catalogs information on NIOSH partners and their interactions with NIOSH. It includes research partners, both intramural and extramural, standard setting bodies and formal partnerships.
Stakeholders and Customers
The NIOSH program for the Communication and Dissemination Cross-Sector Portfolio collaborates and works closely with a broad spectrum of the community. The stakeholder and customer list includes:
- Industry groups
- Labor organizations
- Government agencies
- Nongovernmental organizations
- Professional organizations
These organizations may be research partners, end-users of our technology and scientific findings, peer reviewers, recipients of research grants and contracts, or sources of equipment, technology, or knowledge for advancing research in the community.
For information about partnering with the NIOSH Communication and Information Dissemination Program, contact, Max Lum. For general information about partnerships with NIOSH, contact the NIOSH Office of Research and Technology Transfer.