NCHS Press Room
Over 90,000 Americans died of a drug overdose in the one-year period ending in September 2020 - a 29% increase from the previous year.
- New Release: Co-involvement of Opioids in Drug Overdose Deaths Involving Cocaine and Psychostimulants (April 2, 2021)
- STATCAST: Healthy People Initiative: A Brief History (April 9, 2021)
- Next Up: Influenza Vaccination in the Past 12 Months Among Children Aged 6 Months to 17 Years: United States, 2019 (April 15, 2021)
- Stats of the States: Arizona
- Weekly COVID-19 Mortality Overview (April 7, 2021)
- Bi-Weekly Update: Symptoms of Anxiety or Depressive Disorder and Use of Mental Health Care Among Adults During the COVID-19 Pandemic — United States, 2021 (April 7, 2021)
In order to access embargoed and password protected materials, reporters should contact the CDC/NCHS Press Room at 301-458-4800 or register with the NCHS Media List.
Persons with disabilities experiencing problems accessing PDF files should contact the Public Affairs Office at 301-458-4800.
|Topic||Most Recent Final||Most Recent Preliminary/Provisional|
|Provisional COVID-19 Death Counts Updates of Totals by Week and State||Updated Monday–Friday, by 12 p.m. EST|
|Weekly Provisional COVID-19 Death Count Updates by Select Demographic and Geographic Characteristics||Updated Wednesdays, by 5 p.m. EST|
|Excess Deaths Associated with COVID-19||Updated Wednesdays, by 5 p.m. EST|
|Mortality/Deaths||2019||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Indicators of Mortality, 2018–Quarter 3, 2020|
|Births||2019pdf icon||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Birth Indicators, 2018-Quarter 3, 2020|
|Leading Causes of Death||2019||Quarterly Provisional Estimates for Selected Indicators of Mortality, 2018–Quarter 3, 2020|
|Drug Overdose Deaths||2019||1-yr Period Ending August 2020|
|Opioid Deaths||2019||1-yr Period Ending August 2020|
|Health Insurance||2019pdf icon||January–June 2020pdf icon|
Interview with Robert Anderson: COVID-19 Death Tracking Questions