The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) is one of our nation’s greatest resources! It is a unique survey that combines interviews and physical exams. For more than 60 years, thousands of people like you have been part of NHANES, helping us understand the health challenges our nation faces.
By taking part in this rare opportunity, participants learn about their own health and help us learn valuable information about the health of people living in the United States. There are many benefits to you and your family for participating.
- You are helping us understand the health of people living in the United States.
- Many of the exams performed in our Mobile Exam Center are unique and not done by your doctor during routine appointments.
- This is a chance to learn more about your health.
- All tests and results are free.
- You will receive results from your exams.
- Initial results will be given to you on the day of your exam and a final, more detailed report will be mailed to you 12-16 weeks later.
- These results are yours to discuss with your doctor or keep for your own medical records.
- We make it easy and convenient for you.
- Your appointment will be made to fit your schedule.
- We pay your travel costs and can arrange for your transportation.
- We pay for childcare or eldercare while you are at the Mobile Exam Center.
- We value your time! You will be given a token of our thanks for your participation. Ask your Study Representative for more details.
- We take your privacy very seriously and will share with you the details on how your information is kept secure.
If you have questions about NHANES, please call 1-800-232-4636.
For more information on NHANES visit the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey homepage.