National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) is a program of studies designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in the United States. The survey is unique in that it combines interviews and physical examinations.
Have you been selected to take part in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey?
Learn about participant involvement and benefits with the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey (NNYFS) was a one year survey conducted in 2012. The NNYFS collected nationally representative data on physical activity and fitness levels of children and adolescents in the United States through interviews and fitness tests. On September 30, 2013, the first wave of this data was released. To review documentation and download datasets, go to the NNYFS Data and Documentation page.
- Hypertension Prevalence and Control Among Adults: United States, 2015–2016
- Prevalence of Obesity Among Adults and Youth: United States, 2015–2016
Data Release – 2015-2016
Data Release – Other Cycles
- Brominated Flame Retardants (BFRs) – Pooled Samples (Subsample) (BFRPOL_F 2009-2010)
- Heterocyclic Aromatic Amines – Urine (Subsample) (HCAA_H 2013-2014)
- Heterocyclic Aromatic Amines (HCAA) – Urine – Special Sample (Subsample) (HCAAS_H 2013-2014)
- Non-dioxin-like Polychlorinated Biphenyls & Mono-ortho-substituted Polychlorinated Biphenyls – Pooled Samples (Subsample) (PCBPOL_F 2009-2010)
- Pesticides – Organochlorine Pesticides – Serum – Pooled Samples (Subsample) (PSTPOL_F 2009-2010)
- Polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs), Dibenzofurans (PCDFs) & Coplanar Polychlorinated Biphenyls (cPCBs) – Pooled Samples (Subsample) (DOXPOL_F 2009-2010)
- Pooled-Sample Technical Support File (Subsample) (POOLTF_F 2009-2010)
Data Release – Limited Access
- Occupation – Industry & Occupation Codes (OCQ_G_R 2011-2012)
- Hepatitis C: RNA (HCV-RNA) and Hepatitis C Genotype (HEPC_I 2015-2016)
Hepatitis C: RNA (HCV-RNA) and Hepatitis C Genotype (HEPC_H 2013-2014)
The Hepatitis C (HEPC_H and HEPC_I) datasets were updated to include the HCV Screening Antibody Negative Results.
Occupation (OCQ_G 2011-2012)
Industry and occupation group code variables have been added for study participant’s current and longest held jobs.
- Volatile Organic Compounds & Metabolites – Urine (Subsample) (UVOC_G 2011-2012)
Volatile Organic Compounds & Metabolites – Urine – Special Sample (Subsample) (UVOCS_G 2011-2012)
The 2011-2012 Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and Metabolites in urine (UVOC_G and UVOCS_G) datasets have been updated to include a Special Analytic Note on bias adjustments applied to several VOC in urine metabolite analytes listed in the Analytic Notes section of the documentation files.
Volatile Organic Compounds & Metabolites – Urine (Surplus) (Subsample) (SSUVOC_D 2005-2006)
The 2005-2006 Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and Metabolites in urine (SSUVOC_G ) (Surplus) dataset was withdrawn from the NHANES website in January 2016. These datasets are now corrected and republished on the NHANES website for immediate use. For details on adjustments applied to the dataset, see the Analytic Notes section of the documentation file.
- Page last reviewed: October 18, 2017
- Page last updated: October 18, 2017
- Content source: