National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) is a program of studies designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in the United States. The survey is unique in that it combines interviews and physical examinations.
Have you been selected to take part in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey?
Learn about participant involvement and benefits with the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey (NNYFS) was a one year survey conducted in 2012. The NNYFS collected nationally representative data on physical activity and fitness levels of children and adolescents in the United States through interviews and fitness tests. On September 30, 2013, the first wave of this data was released. To review documentation and download datasets, go to the NNYFS Data and Documentation page.
- Flame Retardant Metabolites – Urine (Surplus) (Subsample) (SSFLRT_H 2013-2014)
- Norovirus antibody – Serum (Subsample) (SSNORO_C 2003-2004)
- Norovirus antibody – Serum (Subsample) (SSNORO_A 1999-2000)
2011-2012 Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) and Metabolites in urine (UVOC_G and UVOCS_G) datasets were withdrawn from the NHANES website in May 2017, due to lot-to-lot variations of standard materials. These datasets are now corrected and republished on the NHANES website for immediate use. However, t,t-Muconic acid (URXMUCA) data were completely withdrawn from these datasets, due to an observed issue with the internal standard transition used for quantitation. Please see the Analytic Note in both datasets for more detailed information about the exclusion of this analyte.
- Volatile Organic Compounds & Metabolites – Urine (Subsample) (UVOC_G 2011-2012)
- Volatile Organic Compounds & Metabolites – Urine – Special Sample (Subsample) (UVOCS_G 2011-2012)
2013-2014 Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) – Special Sample (PAHS_H) was permanently withdrawn from the NHANES website, as the laboratory is unable to analyze the specimens that were missing from the previously released dataset.
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) – Urine – Special Sample (PAHS_H 2013-2014)
- Page last reviewed: August 15, 2017
- Page last updated: August 15, 2017
- Content source: