National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) is a program of studies designed to assess the health and nutritional status of adults and children in the United States. The survey is unique in that it combines interviews and physical examinations.
Have you been selected to take part in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey?
Learn about participant involvement and benefits with the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
The NHANES National Youth Fitness Survey (NNYFS) was a one year survey conducted in 2012. The NNYFS collected nationally representative data on physical activity and fitness levels of children and adolescents in the United States through interviews and fitness tests. On September 30, 2013, the first wave of this data was released. To review documentation and download datasets, go to the NNYFS Data and Documentation page.
- Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances in US children 3-11 Years of Age (Subsample) (SSPFAC_H 2013-2014)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) – Water (Subsample) (VOC_F 2009-2010)
Conversion units for cadmium, manganese and mercury were corrected to nmol/L.
- Blood Lead, Cadmium, Total Mercury, Selenium, and Manganese (Subsample) (PBCD_H 2013-2014)
2007-2014 Dermatology questionnaire data (DEQ) were updated to correct coding errors in variables DED120 (time spent outside on work or school days) and DED125 (time spent outside on days not at work or at school). New codes were added to specify participants who reported not spending any time outdoors (DED120 & DED125), not working or going to school (DED120), or at work or at school 9 to 5 seven days a week (DED125). These participants were originally coded as missing in previously released versions.
- Dermatology (DEQ_H 2013-2014)
- Dermatology (DEQ_G 2011-2012)
- Dermatology (DEQ_F 2009-2010)
- Dermatology (DEQ_E_R 2007-2008)
2013-2014 Vitamin B12 has been updated to included participants aged 19 years.
- Vitamin B12 (VITB12_H 2013-2014)
- Page last reviewed: August 30, 2017
- Page last updated: August 30, 2017
- Content source: