Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
CDC Expert Commentaries provide guidance for health professionals on foodborne, fungal, and waterborne illnesses.
Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella I 4,,12:b:- Infections Linked to Kratom
Announced February 2018
Salmonella Montevideo Infections Linked to Raw Sprouts
Announced January 2018
Salmonella Agbeni Infections Linked to Pet Turtles
Announced August 2017
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- Public Communication During Foodborne Outbreaks
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness
In the News
- MMWR: Investigating a 2016 Drug-Resistant Campylobacter Outbreak Linked to Raw Milk
- Materials available on foodborne illness source attribution from Interagency Food Safety Analytics Collaboration (IFSAC) webinar.
- Use CDC’s Antibiotic Resistance Investment Maps to find activities in your area.
- Read about botulism in CDC-sponsored supplement to the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.
Connect With Us
- Page last reviewed: May 8, 2017
- Page last updated: February 20, 2018
- Content source: