Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases (DFWED)
FoodNet report summarizes 2019 preliminary findings for eight pathogens commonly transmitted through food.
Patient Stories: Watch or read the experiences of patients and family members who were affected by serious infections from food or animal contact.
Learn about CDC’s new national handwashing campaign.
CDC scientists use advanced technology to detect foodborne disease.
Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
- Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Backyard Poultry
Announced May 2020
- Outbreak of Multidrug-resistant Campylobacter Infections Linked to Pet Store Puppies
Announced December 2019
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- Public Communication During Foodborne Outbreaks
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness