Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases (DFWED)
Patient Stories: Watch or read the experiences of patients and family members who were affected by serious infections from food or animal contact.
Learn about CDC’s new national handwashing campaign.
CDC and partners are working together to stop Candida auris, a yeast that can spread in healthcare settings.
CDC scientists use advanced technology to detect foodborne disease.
Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
- Outbreak of Listeria Infections Linked to Enoki Mushrooms
Announced March 2020
- Outbreak of E. coli Infections Linked to Clover Sprouts
Announced February 2020
- Outbreak of Salmonella Infections Linked to Small Pet Turtles
Announced January 2020
- Outbreak of Multidrug-resistant Campylobacter Infections Linked to Pet Store Puppies
Announced December 2019
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- Public Communication During Foodborne Outbreaks
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness