Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
CDC Expert Commentaries provide guidance for health professionals on foodborne, fungal, and waterborne illnesses.
Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry in Backyard Flocks
Announced June 2017
Multidrug-resistant Candida auris
Announced June 2016
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness
In the News
- Read our new webpage on mycetoma, a disease found in equatorial parts of Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
- It’s summer! Check out CDC’s healthy and safe swimming information.
- Read highlights from the annual report on Surveillance for Foodborne Disease Outbreaks in the United States, 2015
- A new CDC Health Advisory provides recommendations for diagnosing and managing Shigella strains with emerging resistance genes that may make infections harder to treat with ciprofloxacin.
- Get CDC information on keeping your family’s food safe that you can use year-round.
Connect With Us
- Page last reviewed: May 8, 2017
- Page last updated: June 26, 2017
- Content source: