Our mission is to improve public health nationally and internationally through the prevention and control of disease, disability, and death caused by foodborne, waterborne, and environmentally transmitted infections.
- Multidrug-resistant Candida auris
Announced June 2016
- Small turtles – Salmonella Sandiego and Salmonella Poona
Announced October 2015
- How Are Foodborne Outbreaks Investigated?
- How to Report a Foodborne Illness
In the News
- Read about accomplishments and outbreak responses in 2016.
- CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Week Report includes preliminary 2016 FoodNet data on nine germs transmitted commonly through food.
- A new CDC Health Advisory provides recommendations for diagnosing and managing Shigella strains with emerging resistance genes that may make infections harder to treat with ciprofloxacin.
- Get CDC information on keeping your family's food safe that you can use year-round.
Connect With Us
- Page last reviewed: May 8, 2017
- Page last updated: May 8, 2017
- Content source: