Health Effects of Radiation
Scientists have been studying the effects of radiation for over 100 years; so we know quite a bit about how radiation interacts with living tissue, and its effect on the body. Because we can measure radiation and because we understand its health effects, we can work safely around it.
How Radiation Affects Your Body
- Radiation can damage the DNA in our cells.
- High doses of radiation can cause Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS) or Cutaneous Radiation Injuries (CRI).
- High doses of radiation could also lead to cancer later in life.
- Page last reviewed: December 7, 2015
- Page last updated: December 7, 2015
- Content source: