State-level Estimates of Alcohol Use Among Women – 2016
- Estimates of alcohol use among women of childbearing age vary from state to state.
- The maps below show estimates of current alcohol use and binge drinking among women of childbearing age (aged 18-44 years).
- Data come from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS), a telephone survey that tracks national and state-specific self-reported health risk behaviors of adults, 18 years and older, in the United States.
NOTE: This map does not represent the level of overall alcohol usage or binge drinking. Instead it represents the level of binge drinking ONLY AMONG women who drink any alcohol.
- Page last reviewed: March 20, 2018
- Page last updated: March 20, 2018
- Content source: