CDC has implemented CHOICES in various settings, including:
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) clinics
- Community health centers
- Family planning clinics
- Clinics serving tribal communities
Basic Site Requirements
If you are interested in implementing CHOICES in your setting, here are some initial items to consider in determining your readiness.
|Topic||Questions to Consider|
|Support for the
Training Materials and Resources
Training materials and resources for implementing CHOICES can be found below.
- Facilitator Guide (PDF) – This is designed for use by trainers and provides instruction on how to conduct the intervention. The guide also includes presentation slides.
- Counselor Manual (PDF) – This manual provides background information and guidance on conducting each of the four CHOICES counseling sessions.
- Client Workbook (PDF) – The workbook provides materials for women participating in the program.
To order these materials, click here
- Page last reviewed: April 6, 2018
- Page last updated: August 9, 2017
- Content source: