About CDC Learning Connection
The CDC Learning Connection connects public health professionals, including healthcare workers, to quality training opportunities and educational tools. More than a website, CDC Learning Connection engages public health professionals around the world via social media messaging and a monthly e-newsletter.
The CDC Learning Connection:
- Features quality learning opportunities from CDC, other federal agencies, and federally funded partners.
- Keeps you up-to-date on the latest training through a free monthly e-newsletterExternal.
- Offers access to thousands of training opportunities through CDC TRAINExternal — CDC’s online learning management system.
- Makes it easy to locate courses that offer continuing education.
- Connects you to information about CDC internships and fellowships.
How We Select Featured Learning Opportunities
We review public health learning opportunities against a set of course selection criteria to ensure quality. Our criteria align with the CDC Quality Training Standards. Featured courses must:
- Meet the definition of training as outlined in the CDC Quality Training Standards:
Training is an organized activity that provides information and instruction to help a learner attain knowledge and/or skill. The goal of training is to improve the learner’s competence, capacity, and performance. Using communication and education techniques and tools, training increases knowledge and changes attitudes to build the learner’s skills.
- Be developed or funded by CDC or another federal agency.
- Be designed for public health professionals.
- Contain accurate and relevant content.
- Include clear and measurable learning objectives that match training content.
- Have no major technical issues.
- Include opportunities for learner engagement.
- Include a user friendly interface and navigation.
- Include an opportunity for learner assessment that provides feedback to the learner.
We use additional training attributes to guide selection. For example, we prioritize courses that offer continuing education (CE) for public health professionals, are featured on the Public Health Learning NavigatorExternal, meet a national training need for public health professionals, and/or address an important public health priority.