About CDC Learning Connection
CDC Learning Connection helps public health and healthcare professionals stay informed about quality trainings from CDC, other federal agencies, and federally funded partners. Each month, we feature trainings on this website and promote them via a newsletter, social media, and partner outreach.
How We Select Featured Trainings
To ensure that we are promoting quality training, we review trainings against a set of criteria that align with the CDC Quality Training Standards. All trainings we promote must be federally funded, designed for public health and healthcare professionals, and publicly available. In addition, featured trainings must
- Meet the definition of training as outlined in the CDC Quality Training Standards,
- Include clear and measurable learning objectives that match training content,
- Contain accurate and relevant content,
- Include opportunities for learner engagement,
- Include a user friendly interface and navigation,
- Include an opportunity for learner assessment that provides feedback to the learner, and
- Have no major technical issues.
We are more likely to promote trainings that
- Offer continuing education (CE) for public health and healthcare professionals,
- Meet a national training need for public health professionals (e.g., an area of training need from the Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey [PH WINS]external icon),
- Address an important public health priority, and
- Are featured on the Public Health Learning Navigatorexternal icon.