HIV Surveillance and Monitoring systems
CDC uses complementary systems to capture information about people with, or at risk, for HIV. It is through these systems and subsequent analyses that CDC is able to better understand the following populations:
- People at risk for acquiring HIV
- People with diagnosed HIV
- People with undiagnosed HIV
- People with HIV who receive care and treatment and are virally suppressed
- People with HIV who are not in care and treatment and need to be re-engaged
CDC compiles information from different CDC-funded HIV data systems and other data sources. Once compiled, the data are disseminated to other federal, state, and local partners to inform programmatic planning and resource allocation.