Heart Disease Journal Articles
Find additional information about heart disease in these peer-reviewed journal articles authored by CDC researchers.
- Ritchey MD, Wall HK, George MG, Wright JS. US trends in premature heart disease mortality over the past 50 years: Where do we go from here? Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine (in press).
- Moonesinghe R, Yang Q, Zhang Z, Khoury MJ. Prevalence and cardiovascular health impact of family history of premature heart disease in the United States: Analysis of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2007-2014external icon. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2019;8(14):e012364.
- Benjamin, E. J., Muntner, P., Alonso, A., Bittencourt, M. S., Callaway, C. W., Carson, A. P.,… Virani, S. S. (2019). Heart disease and stroke statistics-2019 update: A report from the American Heart Associationexternal icon. Circulation, 139(10), e56-e528.
- Fang J, Luncheon C, Ayala C, Odom E, Loustalot F. Awareness of heart attack symptoms and response among adults—United States, 2008, 2014, and 2017. MMWR. 2019;68(5):101–6.
- Vaughan AS, Ritchey MD, Hannan J, Kramer MR, Casper M. Widespread recent increases in county-level heart disease mortality across age groupsexternal icon. Ann Epidemiol. 2017;27(12):796–800. Accessed May 9, 2019.
- Jackson SL, Tong X, Yin X, George MG, Ritchey MD. Emergency department, hospital inpatient, and mortality burden of atrial fibrillation in the United States, 2006 to 2014external icon. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120(11): 1966–73. Accessed May 9, 2019.
- Ades P, Keteyian S, Wright J, Hamm L, Lui K, Newlin K, et al. Increasing cardiac rehabilitation participation from 20% to 70%: a road map from the Million Hearts Cardiac Rehabilitation Collaborative pdf icon[PDF-423K]external icon. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92(2):234–42.
- Greer S, Schieb L, Ritchey M, George M, Casper M. County health factors associated with avoidable deaths from cardiovascular disease in the United States, 2006–2010. Pub Health Rep. 2016;131(3):438–48.
- Casper M, Kramer M, Quick H, Schieb L, Vaughan A, Greer S. Changes in the geographic patterns of heart disease mortality in the United States, 1973–2010external icon. Circulation. 2016; 133(12):1171–80.
- View an animated mapimage icon that reflects the geographic shift in heart disease death rates in the U.S. between 1970 and 2010.
Page last reviewed: December 3, 2019