Mission,Vision and Goals
To end employment discrimination and promote equal employment opportunity in the workplace.
To create a workplace environment that reflects diversity, inclusion and equity and that ensures CDC employees are valued, respected and supported in their efforts to accomplish the Agency’s public health mission.
OEEO is a critical partner in achieving CDC and ATSDR’s public health goals. Federal law protects you from being discriminated on the following bases:
- sex (including pregnancy, sexual harassment and equal pay)
- national origin
- retaliation and
Our office supports the agency’s responsibility of maintaining a model EEO program.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines state that a model EEO program effectively considers and addresses concerns arising under both Title VII and Section 501 of the Rehabilitation Act. The six essential elements for a model EEO program, as outlined in the EEO Management Directive 715 are as follows:
- Demonstrated commitment from agency leadership
- Integration of EEO into the agency's strategic mission
- Management and program accountability
- Proactive prevention of unlawful discrimination
- Responsiveness and legal compliance.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 770-488-3210.