Dengue Clinical Case Management course (DCCM)
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Course is designed to increase knowledge and develop competency in the management of patients suspected of infection with dengue virus.
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to:
- Describe three ways in which the dengue virus is transmitted.
- Identify three potential complications during the three stages of dengue
- State the dengue case definition
- List four risk factors for severe dengue
- Describe three clinical features of dengue
- Name the two diagnostic tests needed to diagnose dengue
- List the three key steps of assessing a patient with dengue
- Describe two treatment options for patients with dengue in the different phases, including cases with complications.
Kay M. Tomashek, MD, MPH, DTM, Medical Officer, OCRR, DMID, NIAID, National Institutes of Health
George Han, MD, MPH
Freddie A. Medina, PhD, Microbiologist
Tyler Sharp, PhD, Epidemiologist
ORIGINATION DATE: September 21, 2020
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE: Computer Hardware; Internet connection; Browser
MATERIALS: Computer, Internet
TARGET AUDIENCE: Physicians, DO’s, epidemiologists, laboratorians, medical students, medical assistants, physician assistants, interns, medical residents, and laboratorians.
PREREQUISITES: Minimal prerequisite skills and knowledge for participants should include, but are not limited to, basic knowledge of human physiology, infectious disease, and human immunology. Basic ability to interpret laboratory result, and understanding of patient care and management (clinic or hospital-based care), epidemiologic concepts, and public health infectious disease surveillance. Each of these skills and knowledge sets are consistent with the training, certification, and work experiences of the physicians, laboratorians, and epidemiologists that will attend the course.
FORMAT: Web-based course.
CONTACT INFORMATION: CDC, Dengue Branch, (787) 706-2399
System requirements and Plug-ins
Below are the minimum system requirements for Lectora-created e-learning.
- Microsoft®Internet Explorer® 7.0 browser (or higher) on standard Microsoft® technologies, i.e. Windows® NT®, Windows® 2000 or Mozilla Media™
- 233 MHz processor
- Windows® XP SP2
- Popup blocker disabled
- Intel® Pentium® III Processor
- 256 MB RAM
- Microsoft Windows® Media™ player for multimedia support
- RAM (for the browser alone): 64 MB for 32-bit Windows XP/Server 2003, 128 MB for 64-bit Windows XP/Server 2003
- Adobe® Flash® 7.6 plug-in software, compatible with the browser above
You might need to download and install the following system plug-ins for an optimum learning experience. Certain plug-ins, depending on versions, may have additional system requirements.
Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. RealPlayer is a registered trademark of RealNetworks, Inc.