State and Local Readiness
CDC plays a pivotal role in ensuring that state and local public health systems are prepared for public health emergencies because of its unique abilities to respond to infectious, occupational, or environmental incidents that affect the public’s health. CDC’s Division of State and Local Readiness funds preparedness activities to state and local public health systems through the Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) cooperative agreement and other funding. CDC also works to enhance medical countermeasure (MCM) readiness nationwide to effectively respond to large public health emergencies needing requiring life-saving medications medicines and medical supplies. Through these resources, CDC helps public health departments improve their ability to respond to a range of public health incidents and build better prepared communities.
- PHEP Operational Readiness Review Guidance Budget Period 1pdf icon
- 2018 PHEP Budget Period 1 Supplement Performance Measure Guidancepdf icon
- 2019-2024 PHEP NOFO Exercise Requirements Tablepdf icon
- 2019-2024 PHEP NOFO Informational Call Questions & Answerspdf icon
- PHEP Notice of Funding Opportunity Informational Callpdf icon
- 2019-2024 PHEP Notice of Funding Opportunity Guidance and Resources