Division of State and Local Readiness Webinars
DSLR hosts monthly, hourlong, live webinars. The webinars serve to educate and provide information and guidance, expert advice, resources, and technical assistance to state, local, tribal and territorial (SLTT) public health officials.
July 12 PHEP Connects Webinar
During this webinar, representatives from the Long Beach Health and Human Services Department will share lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic response in addressing communities who expressed vaccine hesitancy to ensure strategies implemented were equitable and accessible. Speakers will also discuss how state and local communities can use lessons learned to ensure inclusivity in other types of responses, such as Emergency Support Function (ESF) #6 – Mass Care, Housing, and Human Services.
CDC’s next PHEP Connects webinar entitled “Maternal and Infant Health in Emergency Preparedness and Response: Tools and Resources for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Communities” is scheduled from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, October 11. This webinar will discuss maternal and infant populations in disasters and public health emergencies and share tools and resources for state, tribal, local, and territorial emergency planning. Participants will learn more about the resources and tools available to public health communities to prepare for and respond to the needs of women of reproductive age, mothers, and infants before, during, and after public health emergencies.
Dial-In: (669) 254-5252 (Audio only)
Meeting ID: 161 241 1865
Web Link: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1612411865
DSLR schedules 90-minute informational calls or webinars each month to provide program updates to PHEP cooperative agreement recipients and other partners. ASPR’s Hospital Preparedness Program (HPP) cohosts a call each quarter. ASPR provides the audience information related to their cooperative agreement.
With the issuance of new cooperative agreements or continuation guidance, DSLR often hosts special informational webinars. These provide PHEP recipients with updated or additional eligibility or reporting requirements. DSLR also hosts webinars in coordination with CDC’s grants management office. During public health responses, DSLR often hosts meetings to provide technical assistance on response related funding requirements that may impact reporting or timelines.
- June 12-13, 2023 PERFORMS Training – An Overview of PHEP, BP5 (1901-05) Program Management Module (PMM)
- January 30, 2023 PERFORMS Training – Overview of the HPP-PHEP BP5 Application Module
- PHEP Continuation Guidance Informational Webinar – January 26, 2023
- December 6, 2022 PERFORMS Training – Overview of the HPP-PHEP, BP5 Capabilities Planning Guide (CPG) Module
- 12/14/2022 – Overview of Budget Period 4 (BP4), Operational Readiness Reporting (ORR) Program Requirements for CDC’s Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Cooperative Agreement
- 11/9/2022 – Storytelling for Public Health
- 10/12/2022 – CDC Social Media: Best Practices, Common Questions, and Emergency Preparedness & Response
- 9/14/2022 – Planning for Long-Term Recovery from Public Health Emergencies
- 8/24/2022 – Hurricane Preparedness in Mississippi
- 8/18/2022- Environmental Health: Hurricane Safety and Preparedness
- 8/10/2022 – Combatting Health-Related Misinformation and Disinformation
- 6/8/2022 – The Rural Context and Public Health Emergencies
- 5/11/2022 – PHEP Connects Webinar: National Syndromic Surveillance Program (NSSP): Integrated Surveillance for Response
- 4/13/2022 – PHEP Connects Webinar: Review of Capability Building in the Laboratory Response Network for Chemical Threat
- 3/16/2022 – PHEP Budget Period 3 (BP3) program requirements and Operational Readiness Review (ORR) Data Submissions webinar
- 3/9/2022 – Legal Tools for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial COVID-19 Mitigation Measures
- 2/23/2022 – Special ORR Reporting: Using the COVID-19 Response to Meet PHEP Pandemic Exercise Requirements
- 2/9/2022 – POD SimPLER: Point of Dispensing Simulation Program for Leveraging and Evaluating Resources – A Planning Tool for Public Health Emergencies
- 2/2/2022 – Special PHEP Budget Period 3 (BP3) Operational Readiness Review (ORR) webinar
- 1/12/2022 – Public Health Threats & the US Constitution: What Responders Need to Know About Equity, Law, and Public Health Authority