Considerations for Care Partners
It’s easy to forget to take care of yourself when you’re busy supporting someone with cancer. But it’s just as important.
Caregiving is stressful, and you may be too busy to look after your own needs. So ask yourself—
- Am I getting enough physical activity?
- Am I eating a healthy diet?
- Am I getting enough quality sleep?
- Am I staying hydrated?
After treatment ends, your role may change, and you may find that’s a good time to follow the recommendations for good physical health.
- AARP’s Caregiving page provides family caregivers with information, tools, and resources.
- The Caregiver Action Network takes caregivers through step-by-step processes to help them handle their caregiving situation.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance helps families find government, nonprofit, and private caregiver support programs.
- The National Alliance for Caregiving offers resources and information on caregiving.